Tuesday, November 6, 2012

VOTE, because you can...

Today of all days, I am proud to be an American. Regardless of party affiliation, irrespective of which candidate you support, today I applaud you for exercising your right to vote. I've spent too many years in my life living in countries where gender or ethnicity determines participation in elections to do anything but celebrate our great nation for the basic fact that every citizen, for one brief and shining moment, is indeed created equal. 

VOTE, because people fought and suffered and died to give you the right to do so.  
VOTE, because there is no more personally empowering moment than to do so.
VOTE, because around the world, too many can only dream of the freedom to do so.



1 comment:

thefarmersdaughter said...

I hope that everything is going well over there.... I told everyone that I knew to vote- because if you don't vote than you can't complain the next day!