Saturday, November 24, 2012

decisions, decisions...


so, as I posted over on AT on Friday (Advice on Creating a Cozy Outdoor Entertaining Area for the Holidays?), I am hoping to make my large outdoor space more cozy for the winter (which is rather amusing since we are still hitting over 80 degrees Fahrenheit during the day).  I want to install some curtains outside to enclose the patio, and I purchased the Janette curtains from IKEA that are pictured below when home in September.  I fell in love with them when I saw them featured over at Trapped in North Jersey a few months ago.  I seriously love the way those curtains look in that dining room.
I just got around to purchasing curtain rods to hang the darn things and now I am starting to second-guess the idea.  I picked these for the riot of color and pattern (too much of Saudi is just desert beige) but now I am not certain.  Are they too patterned?  Should outdoor curtains be white and billowy instead?  Also, I want to create an inexpensive outdoor carpet using a  dropcloth or tablecloth, but I am not sure how to make that work with these curtains.  Can I mix in another pattern or is that crazy talk?  Would stripes work? Or do I have to stick with a plain color for the "rug"?

oh the agony of design indecision!

1 comment:

thefarmersdaughter said...

1. I LOVE that outside space. It looks fantastic.
2. I am a big fan of white outside curtains blowing in the wind......but I adore that pattern of ikea curtain you have posted. I haven't seen them in person but they look lovely! I would pair stripes with these curtains- big bold stripes.