Saturday, February 23, 2008

February blues

Sunset, Mount Stansted Plantation

That was the view from my balcony in Barbados. That house on Mount Standfast Plantation will probably be the nicest I'll ever inhabit, and (other than meeting my husband) was the best thing about my two years in Bridgetown. As I sit here still sickish on yet another cold and gloomy February day, I can't help but wish I were somewhere else. I'm getting itchy feet again, and may throw my hat into the ring for a short-term consular TDY somewhere in the world this summer. Usually I love February because my birthday is the 28th so I have lots to look forward to, but this year I'm just not feeling it. Maybe sleeping late tomorrow and Sunday will brighten my outlook- if not, I'll probably start shifting furniture around (potentially with disastrous results!) Is anyone else finding time heavy on their hands this month?

1 comment:

drwende said...

That's my usual February doldrum... this year, it's more a matter of feeling short of time, yet remarkably lazy.