Saturday, January 22, 2011

Thank goodness for IKEA!


So this past weekend I tackled the ugly guest bathroom- you can read about the project over on Apartment Therapy DC to get a full flavor for the before, but the after is pictured above. The sham in the window us just until I can find the box with curtains in it, but that window faces the front of the house and we have armed guards patrolling the compound 24/7 so some kind of window covering is essential.


I like the way the blue works with the tiles, and though I know it isn't terribly sophisticated, I'm not sure sophisticated was an option with those ugly tiles!

5 comments:

Christine in DC said...

Looks good!

Alana in Canada said...

Hey--that's my shower curtain! The blue carpet = shade gives a great sort of "colour blocked" effect. Nicely done!

J. said...

it's so colorful, i like and i like so IKEA, if i could... i would spend my all money (that's not so much) in that store.
Good posts =)

Nomads By Nature said...

Love the results! Had to laugh about the front facing window. We had bathroom windows like that in the Middle East, across the majority of the wall. It was slightly frosted though, so using the bathroom at night became 'shadow puppet theater' to any and all outside. We had to use a bedsheet until we could get blinds....No IKEA in Muscat. I do miss that store!

Anne At Large said...

This is a great fix, much more fun and cozy. Any plans for art on the wall?