Monday, December 3, 2012

DVD cabinet makeover

remember how I was looking for ways to turn my cabinet (on left) into the inspiration cabinet (on right)?

 

Well, here is my new DVD cabinet:


I have to say that I love it.  My husband, who might not notice if I covered myself in Rub 'n Buff, not only picked up on the change, but expressed his unsolicited enthusiasm for the makeover- TWICE if you can believe that!  The fabric is Geisha (Black) by Robert Kaufman- thank you eBay.  I chose the Antique Gold Rub 'n Buff for the trim and it was super-easy to use; wipe on with a cloth, wait a few minutes, buff to a sheen.  The fabric is held in place with painter's tape (yes I was that eager to see if I liked it and then decided to roll that way and see how long it lasts), and in person has some gold accents that play off the newly colored trim.

Minus shipping time to Saudi, makeover took about an hour.  Costs were low too: the fabric was about $20 as was the Rub 'n Buff sampler which has twenty tubes of different colors and will likely last a lifetime given how little I used here.  All in all, I am delighted with this project and now on the lookout for other things to Rub 'n Buff!

want a closeup?  I know I do...

2 comments:

Nomads By Nature said...

I love it! What a great job -- had to laugh about the hubby noticing comment!

thefarmersdaughter said...

that looks great! I love it.

We cleaned the carpet last night in the the living room and I painted. Now we are moving the furniture- I think some of your ideas are coming into play- I'll post pics this week!
Thanks!