Sunday, November 7, 2010

the unexpected things you miss when away from home

I woke up this morning to an unexpected sight, one that reminded me that sometimes it is the little things that I don't even realize I miss that make this place so foreign. This morning I woke up to find clouds in the sky, something I haven't seen since I left DC on July 26th. We don't get many clouds here in Saudi because we don't get much moisture- we just get a lot of yellow sun beating down all day long. This morning we have clouds, and a little breeze, and even the hint of autumn in the air (my light cardigan was perfect)- it was just strange enough to make me do a double take and to realize today is a day I really miss home for the colors and the crackle of the fallen leaves, and the crisp bite in the air on an autumn morning. I don't know how long these clouds will last, but I'm heading back outside to enjoy them for just a little longer...

1 comment:

Susan said...

Nice post...and very accuate when it comes to missing the little things about home that extend far beyond the four walls. Thanks for sharing.