Saturday, July 31, 2010

I can see IKEA from my house!

seriously. I moved halfway around the world to Dhahran, Saudi Arabia only to discover that I can see IKEA from the front lawn of the compound- how absurdly fitting is that?

No pics yet because I don't have internet access at home to upload them (I swear I'm working on it!) but as expected it is hot and sandy here. Strangely familiar because of my years in Kuwait, but strangely foreign as well because of all the security precautions- I've never seen so much razor wire (around all the housing compounds for foreigners). I have impressions but am still battling jetlag and getting settled into my new job so they are not yet coherent. Expect to be hearing more from me though as I expect to have a lot of free time for blogging!

3 comments:

Sara said...

You made it to the State Blog Roundup. If you don't want to be on it, then please let me know! Follow this link to reach the roundup:

http://wifemommywoman.blogspot.com/2010/08/state-dept-blog-roundup.html

Enjoy!

thefarmersdaughter said...

I hope to be able to see pics one day! stay safe!!

Christine in DC said...

Bizzzzarrrreeeee!!!! Wow!